Sunday, September 2, 2007

Bejojokast - Southernjojolistic


Creating the artwork was the true challenge here. Given that this was the only decent OutKast picture Google Search provided me with, I was pretty uncomfortable sticking 16-year-old Jojo into the bunch. Forgive me if you see this, Jojo's parents. I had the young popstress sing her first hit song "Leave (Get Out)" (which, when I first heard it in 2003, I concluded that this was the deepest, most emotionally aware 13-year-old ever) over OutKast's "Southernplayalisticadillac." To highlight Jojo's anger at her junior high school sweet heart's unfaithfulness, I've thrown in a bit of Beyonce's angsty chant from "Ring the Alarm." While I'm quite content with the mix, I've got to say I'm a bit disturbed by Jojo.

Jojo - Official Site
OutKast - Official Site
Beyonce - Official Site

No comments: